Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Living with CP: the early years part 37.

  Hello everyone.  I hope you all are having a wonderful day. I'm going to talk about the first time I got a new wheelchair after my first appointment with doctor Kitts.  Let's get started. 

Anyone out there that has Medicare and Medicaid knows that it is difficult to get them to pay for certain things.  What made my situation worse was that my five-year time period was not up on the chair I had.  Doctor Kitts said the chair I had was too small for me, but we all knew we would have a hard time getting it. 

Doctor Kitts always said that when you have Cerebral Palsy you have to sit right in your chair, so we had another battle on our hands. 

ATG Rehab sent the paperwork in for the new chair to Medicare and Medicaid. They told us it would be about 6 weeks before we would hear something.  That came and went and nobody heard anything.  Each time Grandma would call ATG Rehab they said they had not heard anything either. 

Finally, after about a year my new chair was approved and then it took another 6 weeks to get the chair.  After I got the chair I had to have all kinds of pads to hold me up right. 

In my next entry find out how we did this. Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment