Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Living with CP: the early years part 38.

  Hello everyone.  Today, I'm going to talk about how hard it was to get me sitting right in my new chair. 

I can not just sit in a chair and be ready to go, I have to have pads for support to help me sit up straight.  Another problem people with Cerebral Palsy have is that their body shifts in a chair as the day goes on. It does not stay in one spot.  That is what happened with me.

Steve from ATG Rehab would come over to the house and make some adjustments to my seating.  He would get me looking pretty good and then about two hours after he left I would be falling over again.  We could not figure out why. 

One day Steve actually came over and stayed about five hours. He would make an adjustment to my chair and then he would watch my body and see how it moved over time.  He even took pictures and sent them to doctor Kitts and they talked on the phone many times.  She would tell him what to try next. 

After about 6 months between everyone, they got me sitting the best I ever did.  Sometimes it takes people working together to get everything just right.  It also takes time. You can't just say “here it is” and be done with it. 

In my next entry see how I got started working with computers.  Have a great day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment