Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Living with CP: the teen years part 2.

Hello everyone.  In today's entry I'm going to talk about how it was to bring a newborn baby home and all of the adjustments that had to be made in the family.  Let's get going.

From the very first day we brought Nicholas home from the hospital, we could see we were probably going to have some difficult times with the family dog.  When we came home, we sat Nicholas down on the couch in his car seat and the dog jumped up on the couch and was basically standing over top of Nicholas.  He did not do anything harmful, just smell him.  The dog was not a large one.  He was a Cockapoo.

We also must remember the handicapped son in the home, as well.  As you might guess, it was somewhat hard for me to get used to all the changes that were going on.  For the first 11 years of my life I had all the attention.  Now, I had to share it with Nicholas. 

My father is one of those individuals that likes to work very late at night.  It was not unusual for him to work until 10 or 11 o'clock.  That meant that my mother would have to take care of both of us and the dog all day long.

We thought as time went on that the dog would get better but unfortunately it got worse.  He started to tear up the carpet in the house.  One day my father put him on a chain in the hallway while we went away and that floor was linoleum.   When we returned home, he had damaged that floor.  We all knew something had to be done before he damaged the whole house. 

In my next entry see what happens next.  Have a great day everyone. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone check this out my new job http://www.squidoo.com/living-with-cerebral-palsy. I'm still adding stuff to it, I'm sell stuff on the bottom of the page. Today I have women's cothing, my blog is at the top I have 5 post right now. I'm moving everything over to this site, don't click unless you want to buy something. Read all you want, tell your friends.

    ReplyDelete