Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Living with CP: the early years part 42.


Hello everyone.  Before I get started with today's entry I just want to say thank you for your interest in this blog.  Yesterday was my best day for blog views since I started this blog, so please continue to tell your friends.  Now, let's get started with today's entry.

I'm going to write more about the three years I went to the hospital for therapy, and also when they decided to start me in water therapy.

When you have Cerebral Palsy, your muscles get so tight because of lack of body tone.  They have found out over the years that if you get in water that is about 90 degrees it relaxes the muscles and it makes it easier to move around.

Amazingly, when I got in that water I could hold on to a bar on the inside of the pool and walk around it all by myself with no problem.  Also, when you get in water you are lighter, so that also makes everything easier, too. 

The main thing to remember is to not stop working your body and to always try new things.  Also, don't ever give up.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment