Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Living with CP: the teen years part 1.

I hope you all are having a great day. Before I talk about my last year at Meadowdale High School, I'm going to tell you all about when I was no longer an “only child”.  Let's get started.

My first 11 years of my life it was nice and peaceful in the house. It was just me, my mother and my father.  They attempted to have other children but my mother had a miscarriage and another unfortunate pregnancy where the umbilical cord got wrapped around the baby's neck at birth.  Since he was full-term, he was named David.  When my mother found out she was going to try for lucky number 3, everyone knew that it was going to be a long 9 months.

Sure enough, when she went to the doctor he told her that he wanted her on complete bed rest the whole time.  They also gave her a monitor to bring home and wear around her belly 24-hours a day so that they could monitor the baby's heartbeat from the hospital.

It was so hard for my mother to lay around for 9 months and not do nothing and have everyone else do everything for her. She liked to get up and go and do everything on her own.  That being said, the 9 months came and went with no problems.  My mother and father named the baby Nicholas.

In my next entry, find out how it was to have a newborn baby in the house along with a dog and a handicapped son.  I’ll also get into how I came to live with my grandparents.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment